I paid $30.00 for this kit on eBay.
Test #1 was very poor. The car kept spinning out due to a
loose diff. It also crashed into my foot at one of the high
speed runs and broke a nylon screw and pulled an aluminum screw
through the chassis. Nylon screw was replaced with steel.
Also a wire melted off due to extreme use. I have also
come to find that the rear axles do not rotate smoothly. They
are binding due to design. I was planning on buying
draggster tires for this project, but I may not use them on here.
I plan on one other test run before scrapping or shelving the car.
This car has:
- Custom Micro switch throttle control. Instant on, and
- Futaba Radio gear
- Custom built 10 cell 3300 ni-mh battery pack
- Team Orion Cooper Battery Bars
- Team Orion 14 gauge wire
- Team Orion Gold Battery Connectors
- Team Orion 13 turn Rush motor
- Parma tires
M.A.N.E. is no longer in business, but I was told that these cars
were good dirt oval racers.